I was recently reading a post on Slowtwitch and decided to compile some of my favorite quotes from the thread. Some are light-hearted while others are meant to inspire during those dark moments. I would love to hear any that you guys may also have!
- “You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.” – Mark Allen
- At the end of your life you will not be saying ‘I just wish I’d spent more time sitting on my butt watching TV.’
- Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.
- It doesn’t get any easier, you just get faster.
- Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
- Anyone can work hard when they want to, champions do it when they don’t.
- If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
- Athletes are ordinary people with extraordinary determination.
- If you think you can or think you can’t, you’re probably right.
- You can’t spell TRIUMPH without some TRI at the beginning and a big UMPH at the end.
- Shut up legs!
- Suck it up, Buttercup!
- Commitment is doing the things you said you’d do, long after the mood you said it in has left you.
- Swim like there’s no bike. Bike like there’s no run. And then run like you’re scared. – Luke Bell
- The faster you run, the sooner you’re done.
- Keep going – You will pass out before you die.
- This sounded like an awesome idea 10 months ago!
- Some people consider the marathon the ultimate endurance event. We consider it a cool down.
- Obsessed is a word the unmotivated use to describe the dedicated.
- I don’t do triathlons, I do triathletes.
- Sweat is your fat cells crying.
- I can out swim the cyclists, out bike the runners, and out run the swimmers. That usually gets me a solid 50% finish.
- When it gets hard, we find a rhythm and pound away.
- Go faster, Daddy. Mommy wants to go to Hawaii.